Hi! We're Sweet Potato Pepper™ is a small dog-loving clothing company based in Brooklyn, NY. We're devoted to raising money and promoting awareness of adopting rescue dogs (and cats too)!
We are Sweet Potato Pepper™
Hi, and welcome to Sweet Potato Pepper™. We are a very small company that makes awesome apparel and accessories (for both humans and animals) to raise money and promote awareness of homeless dogs and cats that in need of being fostered or adopted.
The idea for Sweet Potato Pepper™ was inspired by our late angel of a dog, Bailey. Bailey was a wise and kind soul who was a rescue from death row at a pound in West Virginia. After she passed, we wanted to do something to help other dogs like Bailey; dogs who need someone to give them a chance and save them from a cruel fate. There are so many dogs and cats who were innocently brought into this world and cast aside. It’s up to us to give them a voice and help them out. If you give them good homes and loving families in return they'll give you their unconditional love and constant companionship. It's such a sweet deal!
Sweet Potato Pepper™ was founded in 2012 by Kellyn Leveton. Kellyn runs the show and is the principle designer and hand-crafts the doggerchiefs. Ian Hall tackles all photography and web design. SustainU cuts, sews and prints our 100% sustainable apparel right here in the USA. Bailey and Tater are our doggie mascots!
Fashion For You...
We make cool apparel for dog lovers and rescuers and their dog companions that could help other dog lovers & rescuers help rescue dogs. Say that three times fast!
SustainU, our development partner, is a pioneer in recycled fabrics, using postindustrial cottons and postconsumer polyester to make its incredibly comfortable and durable fabrics. Many are under the impression that sustainable clothing is expensive and therefore inaccessible for most. Leveraging local production, smart supply chains and inventory control and honest margins, SustainU breaks the mold by offering a line of clothing that is not only more environmentally and socially sustainable, but also truly affordable. Woohoo!
Help For Dogs!
We also promote awareness about adopting and fostering rescue dogs. Below is a list of dog (and animal) rescues we follow and donate to. When you checkout you will be able to pick which rescue you want your donation to go to.
- Sean Casey takes in rescued, confiscated, neglected, injured, ill, unmanageable, or otherwise unwanted animals from private owners, zoos, shelters, and other public organizations.
- Rebound Hounds Rescue believes that there’s a great home for every dog. How to make that happen is the real work of rescue. We’re committed to bringing dogs and guardians together who are right for each other. We do it by knowing the dog, and knowing the prospective guardian..
- Badass Brooklyn Animal Rescue is a 501(c)3 non-profit, all-volunteer, all-breed dog rescue composed of a network of fosters and volunteers who work together to rescue sweet, loving, adoptable dogs from high kill, rural shelters in the southern U.S. states and get them adopted into wonderful forever homes.
- Survivor Tails Animal Rescue is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization that exists to rescue, rehome, and rehabilitate homeless, unwanted, abused, and neglected dogs and cats and place them in loving and responsible forever homes.
- Zani's Furry Friends is where our Tater, the dog model, is from! Zani's is committed to rescuing companion animals from New York City shelters where, unfortunately, they are at significant risk for euthanasia due to overcrowding.
- Second Chance Rescue was formed in 2009 on the firm belief that all animals deserve to be loved and cared for, and no animal should ever be abused, neglected or homeless.
- PupStarzRescue is a non-profit, 501(c)3, no-kill, volunteer dog rescue serving New York City and the Tri-State area. They are dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of dogs in public shelters who are at high risk of euthanasia due to overpopulation and those in danger of abuse or neglect.
We're not affiliated with these rescues, but we admire what they do and want to help. There are so many amazing rescues out there. Check out our Facebook page explore more. Keep doing your thing everyone!
Do you have rescue doggie love story or an inspirational doggie quote? Do you have experience rescuing a dog or cat that you'd like to share? If so, please email your story and any pictures of you and your best friend to firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on our Contact page.
If we pick your story, you guys will receive a doggerchief™ custom made by Sweet Potato Pepper™!